Sustainable Alpaca Fiber from The Andes Of Peru
Qualities of Alpaca Fiber:
- Luxurious, silky and soft.
- Strong and durable.
- Hypoallergenic. (Does not contain Lanolin)
- Breathable insulation. (Due to its hollow core)
- Resists acquired odors.
- Moisture wicking.
- Over twenty three natural shades.
Sustainability of Alpaca Fiber:
- Peruvian Alpacas live in their natural habitat. Living in the proper altitude/climate and eating their regular diet, allows them to grow healthy fur.
- Alpacas have soft hooves that do not harm the soil.
- Alpacas cut grass with their teeth instead of pulling the grass from the soil. This allows grass to continue growing.
- Alpaca fiber is not oily like wool and cashmere. This means less water usage and no harsh chemicals usage during the cleaning process.
- Alpacas produce more fiber than sheep per year.
- Alpacas are not harmed during the shearing process.