Sustainable Peruvian Alpaca Fiber
Responsibly-Sourced & Harm-Free
Alpaca Fiber from the Southern Andes Of Peru
Qualities of Alpaca Fiber:
- Luxurious Soft Feel
- Hypoallergenic. (Non-Itchy)
- Breathable Insulation. (Due to its hallow core)
- Naturally Anti-Microbial & Anti-Fungal
- Does Not Absorb Moisture
- Strong & Durable
- Most Sustainable
- Over Twenty Three Natural Shades
Sustainability of Alpaca Fiber:
- Peruvian Alpacas live in their natural habitat. Living in the proper altitude/climate and eating their regular diet, allows them to grow high quality, healthy fur.
- Alpacas have soft feet instead of hooves, so they do not harm the soil.
- Alpaca's sharp teeth cut grass instead of pulling the grass from the soil. This allows grass to continue growing.
- Alpaca fiber does not contain oil, unlike sheep's wool and cashmere. So, its cleaning process requires very little water and no harsh chemicals.
- Alpacas produce more fiber than sheep per year. Due to their efficient digestion.
- Alpacas require shearing once per year to avoid overheating, and they are not harmed during the shearing process.
Fiber Comparison: Alpaca vs. Cashmere vs. Merino