- Our pillows and table runners are handmade from start to finish.
- We begin my weaving the backing material on a wodden-pedal-loom.
- Then, we embroider the intricate designs by hand. This is the most time consuming process.
- Next, we crochet the edges and add the pompoms.
- Finally we sew the pieces together and add the zipper to the pillows.
This process takes 60 to 80 hours, depending on the size & design.
Making a Difference
- By choosing WUAMAN you are directly supporting the artisans who make the products.
- We are a family of artisans, certified as a fair trade manufacturer.
- We hold free training workshops, where we teach our community how to perform embroidery, crochet, and sewing.